Saturday, October 9, 2010

Let's give this a try...

So, here goes nothing.  I started a blog.  Not sure how interesting it will be, but with things changing so fast in my life right now and being so far away from my family, I thought I'd take a stab at it.  There are always little things happening every day that I don't get to share with my family in MD (especially my Mom) (I'm terrible on the phone)...Plus, I've been following some blogs lately and thought to myself, "I can do this..."  So, here we are.

First, a little about me.  I am currently 37 weeks (give or take a few days) pregnant with our first baby, a little boy we plan to call Jonas.  My husband Bob and I have been married for 6 years now and are very excited, if not a little nervous about this event.  We have toured the hospital, readied the room, and are just getting the odds and ends ready for Jonas' arrival.  Being the procrastinator that I am, of course, most of those things have just happened in the last 2 weeks.  Thanks to a surprise visit from Bob's mom Susan, the freezer is getting stocked with ready to heat meals and the baby shower loot that was stacked all over my living room is now washed and put away in the baby's room.  Which, by the way has a beautiful new coat of aqua blue paint on the walls (after 2 coats of what can only be described as Shrek green...) and a new ceiling fan courtesy of my very handy Dad who came down to visit in September.  So to make a long story short, things are coming together and hopefully by the time he arrives, we will be ready.

Speaking of the baby coming (it's a pretty big topic these days), at my last Dr. visit, my kindly OB informed me that he was headed off to Scotland to visit his daughter until after my due date.  I am not excited about seeing a new Dr. for my 38 week appointment.  I'm sure it will work out fine, though.  I actually feel like he may come late, so we shall see if my world travelling Doc (who I like very much) is around for the delivery.  

Well, thank you so much for stopping by and reading my little ramblings.  Hopefully I will become a bit more interesting and maybe even figure out how to post some links and photos. I guess we shall see!        

1 comment:

  1. Great start Jen. I am excited to see more! No need to be nervous about Jonas' delivery, it's all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete