Monday, October 18, 2010

I can't believe I'm not freaking out...

So here I am with a looming due date (1 week from tomorrow) and I am surprised at how calm I am.  I kinda figured that at this point I would be awake all night worried about my upcoming hospital visit-but I'm not.  (I was up, however, for about 2 hours the other night wondering how I will begin to explain to my child all of the evil in this world, but I think that's a whole nuther blog post...)  Don't get me wrong, I have had a few moments of thinking that I will be in the hospital and that this child has to come out somehow, but not moments of panic like I expected.  Maybe this is just part of becoming a mom.  I mean, I'm pretty sure if I were having my appendix out or some other surgery I would have some anxiety about the procedure (mostly because I have NEVER had surgery before or even and IV...), but I am not really dreading this process.  I guess the thought of bringing home a sweet baby boy makes things much more bearable. 

In other news, I am still sleeping pretty well and actually feeling pretty great.  I saw the new doc on Friday (who reminded me a little of Dustin Hoffman) and had an ultra sound. According to the ultrasound, baby Jonas already weighs almost 8 lbs-but nothing's happening.  So now we wait.  I am excited about his arrival, but enjoying this time before he comes.  Bob has just this weekend wrapped up his college classes until January, so I plan on enjoying the free time with my husband in the evenings.  I know it's a relief for him to have this little break, and I'm sure we will both be grateful that he will not have homework when Jonas arrives.

Well, that is all for now.  I go back to see the doc on Friday.  I will be sure to keep everyone posted with Jonas news!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you aren't nervous. Having a baby really isn't that bad, and it goes by quick, and you'll only remember the good parts

    ReplyDelete